Monday, February 15, 2010

intro cause 3rd revision

Late as usual and in a foul mood, I was hastily running down the three flights of stairs at the Portland apartment. The foul mood stemming from the extremely bad marriage I was so desperately trying to get out of and I’d overslept again! Out of nowhere comes this guy moseying his way up the stairwell like he did he didn’t have a care in the world. Just about the time I was going to gross him out for being in my way, I looked up at his face and standing before me was this very handsome stranger. Instead of my usual “move it buddy, can’t you see I’m in a hurry!” what came out was “do you want a roommate?” Where THAT question came from was way beyond my comprehension, he was a complete stranger and yet he didn’t look a bit offended by my remark. He just stood there grinning at me with his arms slightly crossed over his chest, like he was waiting for me to say more. Speechless, all I could muster was a smile back while thinking to myself, where did he come from, why haven’t I seen him around, is he new in town, is he single, will he ask me out?
Standing in the stairwell, the vibes between us were so powerful like we’d known each other forever, yet I knew nothing about him. Once he smiled back at me, I melted, and at that very moment we connected. It was the beginning of what some would call “love at first sight”
You know, love at first sight when your heart beats so fast, you fear it will pop out of your chest. When every waking moment is consumed with thoughts of this person, so much you can never fall asleep. When the love is so good, it’s like a fix, fuel you can’t live without, but when love sours, that fix, like a bad batch, can kill you.
Yes, love is truly a mystery and this new found love was particularly mysterious for three reasons; I was in the middle of a bitter divorce and a relationship was the last thing on my mind, I didn’t have a clue who he was, and most of all I didn’t believe in the cliché love at first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment