Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Graf #7 Person

It’s been said that everyone has a guardian angel and I believe this to be true. Each religion and every individual has their own concept of what an angel means to them. I believe an angel is someone who has faith in you and protects you from harm. An angel is also someone who loves you unconditionally and watches over you continuously. For many years, I have believed my grandmother Theresa (grammy) to be my guardian angel.

Fortunately, I was able to spend a lot of time with my grandparents while growing up for they lived very close. As a child, I knew I was extremely loved by my grammy. It wasn’t only because I was the first grandchild born to her firstborn son, it wasn’t because she told me all the time how much she loved me, it was more her behavior toward me; joyful eyes, happy smiles and hugs, tons of hugs. She would always say “you’re such a good girl, grammy loves you SO much” We had such a strong connection with one another, an unspoken bond. I knew I would always be safe when I was with her and I would never be able to do anything bad in her eyes. Over the years, she rocked me to sleep, cared for me when I was sick, played numerous games with me and we never missed the ice-cream truck! My grandmother always read to me and taught me how to cook, and was she ever a great cook! We did countless puzzles together and Yahtzee was our favorite game to play on the weekends at camp. She with her Red Rose tea, me with my Dr. Pepper.

Although my grandmother passed away nearly 25 years ago, not a day goes by that I don’t think of her. By keeping those memories alive, close to my heart and in my thoughts, she is always with me. She protects and watches over me, has faith in me and will always love me unconditionally. My grandmothers spirit remains strong and unbroken, she will forever be my angel.

1 comment:

  1. "Over the years, she rocked me to sleep, cared for me when I was sick, played numerous games with me and we never missed the ice-cream truck! My grandmother always read to me and taught me how to cook, and was she ever a great cook! We did countless puzzles together and Yahtzee was our favorite game to play on the weekends at camp. She with her Red Rose tea, me with my Dr. Pepper."

    That's good writing, all those details, especially the ones we don't anticipate: the ice cream trucks, the different drinks.

    ReplyDelete