Saturday, February 13, 2010

Graf #8 reaction to cause essays

I could relate to the essay as to what makes a house a home ( Amanda Savoy) considering I’m in the process of a remodel myself. Her last paragraph is about doing a little at a time so you can afford it. That has to be the toughest part of redoing ones home. Just when you think you have saved the right amount for that certain project, it has gone sky high. In my case it was shingles for the roof last year. I believe because of the oil crisis there was a 30 percent price increase and that certainly wasn’t in the budget.

I love the falling in love piece (Angie Ecks) too because she hits in right on the money. Falling in love 3 times in my life and being with a man with children from another marriage or relationship is tough. We are the adult and we know better, but when your in a new relationship you want all the attention. There was point in one of my relationships I was jealous about pets! He was like Dr Doolittle and not only was it other friends pets it was stray animals would always come up to him like they knew him. I always thought, he’s treating that mangy mutt better than me. Look at him ooowing and aaahhhhing over that stupid dog

I would also like to hire Patsy Husson to come to my house and give me massages everyday! I loved her piece. I went to a massage therapist a few years back and I had never experienced anything so grand in my life! She was a pro. I remember jokingly after my first session if she’s marry me! LOL

I have also experienced what Debbie Knapp did with her house ( flooding) My first home I ever bought in Glenburn had a poor drainage system and one spring we had water almost up to the split level door of the ranch house! The sub pump stopped working and it was pouring in like a huge wave from the ocean. What a disaster. I lost so much stuff in that flood from all the storage I had under the stairs. Flood damage is nearly as bad as a fire to certain items.

I really liked Amada Lockards essay about snakes and snails an puppy dog tails!!!!It blows my mind to read about what other people have experienced in relationships that are so close to my own, its like I’m reading my own writing! I think back to that sad yet beautiful ballad Roberta Flack puts it in her song “Killing me softly “ about this young boy she heard sang a good song and how it felt he found her letters and read each one out loud, he sang as if her knew her in all her dark despair, strumming her pain, singing her life with his words.

1 comment:

  1. Glad so many spoke to you--just be aware you were reading cause essays and then moved past them to other types we'll get to before long.

    ReplyDelete