Saturday, September 4, 2010

9/4/10

9/4/10
Ahhhh, Saturday morning, all rainy and wet and no work for me! As you can see by the time stamp on my journal entry I slept in…REALLY slept in. I got that “second wind” last night after working all day and went out with the young girls to celebrate a couple birthdays. I’m glad I went, its fun to see how bad girls can be in their thirties (snicker) I remember those days too, except mine started much earlier in life. We all met at the Sea Dog and eventually did the downtown crawl as they put it. But no worries, I didn’t drive intoxicated (never will do that again) that’s another story

So yesterday was a busy day at work, wow, I mean super busy (and I’m not going to bitch about it) I was more thinking the day was kind of like energized maybe from the storm, if that makes any sense?? It was amazing to see how long my pass-on log (what got done and didn’t get done log) was for the next manager. Holy crap, it nearly filled the whole page! I love it when it’s a good busy, a productive busy. It’s easy to leave work smiling knowing you got a bunch of stuff accomplished throughout the day. Plus, my boss accepted my objectives for the engagement piece I’ve been working on this week. That was a huge relief. I was also able to revise some of the policy and procedures for the department, started a couple evaluations, made it to a couple meetings, and signed up to do the 5K Susan Komen walk on the 19th. For obvious reasons, every employee I ran into, I hit them up for pledge money for the cure. The company is matching up to $1000.00 which makes me proud to be a part of it all. I only needed a minimum of $75.00 for my portion and I’m way over that already.

I think I’m going to see if my daughter and grandson would like to take a ride to Pittsfield and visit my mom for a couple hours. There is also an antique shop I want to check out while I’m down there. I’ve been looking for an old coat tree to put by the front door, and mum tells me there’s a beautiful one down by her. Other than that, it’s going to be a day of rest and relaxation; maybe I’ll grab a couple movies, pick up a pizza and lounge around for the rest of the day. Who knows? Maybe I’ll get another second wind?? We’ll have to wait and what tomorrows entry brings. 

1 comment:

  1. So, there are four generations! Of course, there should be a trip to Pittsfield!

    ReplyDelete