Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/1/10 journal

First cup of coffee, birds are chirping, crows are conversing, and I actually feel kind of rested for the first time in a week or so. I went to bed at 9pm last night; been a long time since I crashed that early! I didn’t even have any dreams last night. Today will be a long day though, and I keep trying to tell myself to not think of it that way. I need to focus on the end result of taking classes, the day I earn my degree.

I’ve had a digital camera for a few years and the quality really isn’t there anymore, pictures just aren’t coming out like I’d expect. A couple months back I purchased a home theatre system from best buy and you can sign up for a free rewards card and earn points with your purchases. Well, as of today, I still cannot get into the web site to download my points. Apparently, I was accidentally signed up for two separate member id’s. You’d think this would be an easy fix, merge the accounts, or delete one, whatever. I guess one of the accounts had the purchases on it, the other was the one I actually went on line and set up with all my security questions, passwords, etc…. so here it is nearly 2 months later and these people at reward zone still haven’t been able to figure this mess out. I have seriously have spoken to 25 people over the phone and have countless emails from these guys. I’m beginning to think they are just messing with me because the guy I spoke to yesterday to ask why I haven’t received email verification, sent one while we were on the phone and he spelled my name/email address wrong and then we mysteriously got disconnected…how ironic.
Anyway, I’m getting off track; I was talking about buying a new camera….. I’ve known for a while (ever since the baby was born) I wanted/needed a new camera and for obvious reasons I also wanted to be able to use my rewards points toward the purchase of a new camera considering I’m well over $100 in certificates (due to my purchases and the incompetence) and from all these reps throwing down more points each time I call to find out when I can use them. Friday night at the folk fest I brought my old digital camera and what perfect timing, the camera (after giving it new batteries) decided to shit the bed. Yup, camera-less at the folk fest while I’m hanging with the bands and being introduced to tons of new people, I was so bummed, I felt like an idiot participating in something so spectacular without a camera! Thankfully I saw some friends there and they didn’t mind taking some shots for me. Sigh…...

Well, I do have a good ending to my story; when I got home from work last night, Tim (my significant other) went and bought me a new camera yesterday! YAY! Seems really nice and it look easy for me to use anyway. So now that I have my new camera, if and when I ever get my reward points, I think I’ll invest in a new wireless printer….hmmmmm one can dream can’t they?

1 comment:

  1. I'd invest in a new big box store--Best Buy doesn't sound like they are interested in your business any more....

    ReplyDelete