Friday, September 3, 2010

9/3/10

I’d like to start out saying I slept like a log, those Tylenol pm’s work like a charm. When I got home from work last night, Tim had cleaned the house (finally) so I don’t have to spend my weekend doing housework. YAY! And that report I was working on for employee engagement is done, finished it yesterday (meet with the boss man this morning to go over it) so this is looking like really good start for my weekend; weather is gorgeous, it’s pay day what more could a girl ask for!

I ordered school books from an online sight for once in my life and I hope I picked the right sight. I’ve ordered very few things over the internet; I’m just not so comfortable having my credit card information out there for hackers to have their way with. A few months back, I ordered from overstock .com and had really good results not only from the product (cabinet handle pulls) but the price was right and the customer service was bar none. For those who know me, I’m a stickler when it comes to good customer service, and when I don’t get it, people hear about it.

I’ve had hurricane Earl on my mind these past few days; it concerns me, especially when it comes to patrons and employees in the building. We’ve been over our evacuation plans numerous times, but sometimes in the excitement/terror of it all, mistakes can happen and they can be costly. I’ve been reassured it’s fizzling out and it will not bring too high of winds here in Maine, but I still feel for all the others going through its destruction. My guess is after hanging out with the guys (from New Orleans) over the past weekend (folk fest) I have a much better understanding of the devastation of Katrina. Yes, I watched the horrific news clips and read about it in the newspapers but to hear the stories straight from the mouths of those who survived that hurricane; it’s heartbreaking.

I’ve been invited out to hang “with the girls” tonight and do the bar hopping thing. I’m flattered these young ladies never give up on asking me to go out with them, but after a long work week I am SPENT by Friday. Not saying I don’t ever get a second wind, I guess we’ll have to wait and see what the day brings and what gets written in my journal tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good gawd, I thought Hollywood Slots was built like a giant bunker, able to withstand anything up to and including a small tactical nuke! Evacuation? I was planning to evacuate to you and ride out the storm in the buffet (since I was never able to figure out how to make the slots work--some things are just too complicated, even for an English teacher.)

    ReplyDelete