Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 14- Top 10 customer service do’s and don’t

1. Do greet the customer with a smile and use your manners such as please and thank you. Don’t roll your eyes, sigh or swear out loud in front of the customer. 2. Keep your hair neat, clean and out of your face. You may be ugly but they still want to be able to see who is waiting on them.
3. Be sure to wash your hands frequently and keep your fingernails clean and for goodness sakes don’t pick your nose or teeth in front of the customer. 4. Even if you’re busy, acknowledge the customer with a small nod or a couple words like, I’ll be right with you. They can see it’s busy; they get that, never just ignore them and wish they’d all go away. 5. When communicating, use complete sentences, speak clearly and slowly, don’t use slang and poor body language because like no, like we don’t like understand what you’re like saying. 6. If you don’t know the answer to a customer question, don’t lie or send them on a wild goose chase! Simply tell them you’re not sure but would be happy to get that information for them. 7. Always use professionalism and empathy when dealing with your customer, don’t treat them like they’re idiots because they asked what you might think is a stupid question. 8. When bagging glass, do be sure to wrap it in tissue or another bag to protect it. Don’t put all the cans in one bag either; it’s far too heavy to carry and the bag eventually splits in half and everything spills out all over the ground. 9. Do make the customer your first priority and yes this means get off the damn phone and be available for them! 10. Be perceptive of what the customers sees such as your courteous behavior; don’t chew gum, don’t walk away from them when they are talking to you and whatever you do don’t rush them.

3 comments:

  1. Posted above your desk at work? What about that idiot you described who was hassling you the other day and demanding stuff you couldn't or wouldn't do? How many of these came into play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, all of them! I wait until I get back into the office (hence the broken watch) before I explode! Never in front of the customer, never!! :) I'll tell you, it was on my way home from shopping yesterday I thought of this for my essay. I'll admit Josiejos advice to men gave the me idea. I wrote a couple others a few days back and reread the assignment over and over and decided they were done in a 3rd party which wouldn't have been what the assignment was intended to be. So I ran with this topic. Really... it is me though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume from your success at what you do that it is pretty much you, at least when wearing your business suit.

    That broken watch definitely was d'seng, though....

    ReplyDelete