Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 10 Work

I can’t believe he said it, what was he thinking??? It’s like Vegas here man, what happens here, stays here.

How am I going to fix this, is it even up to me to try?

Rumors are running rampant, why do these people come to me? They KNOW I can’t talk about it? Haven’t they figured this out by now? I want to scream….what part don’t you understand?

Closed doors, hush, hush, people not looking into each other’s eyes as they pass in the hall; secrets out.

Why do I get so involved, why do I care? What is wrong with people? Why can’t they leave well enough alone?

So much like high school; the whispering, the side glances and the fake smiles….who do they think they’re kidding?

What ever happened to the real friends, true friends; the kinds of people who are like your family-friends. Do they even exist?

I feel so tired, so worn out and I despise every minute of it. I’m at a loss for words and this is a first for me; I think I’ve met my challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I think you pull this off--we are so much in the narrator's head and listening so carefully that it doesn't matter whether we understand the situation or not. But it's a judgment call; some people might feel cheated.

    If you wanted to give a tiny bit more of a clue without changing a word of the text, you could give this a title. Even something as simple as 'On the Job' or 'Work' or 'Parish Committee Meeting' would be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your right, I really can't add to it because that was it! I'll title it.....

    ReplyDelete