Sunday, March 14, 2010

I-search why

I-search


Why:
Over the years, experimenting in numerous jobs, I have acquired a taste for management in communications and customer service which I strongly believe is my niche. It can be a challenging and overwhelming position yet rewarding at the same time; no two days are ever the same which makes it very interesting. For the past four and a half years, I have slowly worked my way up the corporate ladder in the gaming business. I’m now ready to move up a rung to an executive management position and I must prepare myself for the BIG interview. I’m confident I can handle the role because of my professional reputation and high work integrity. I’d would also like to see recognition in lieu of compensation for the portions of the job I have been doing over the past few months.

1.Find out what the necessary requirements are for my position of interest; Director of Slot Operations.
A. is a college degree mandatory or can you be in the process of attaining one?
B. how many years working in the gaming industry is required?
C. what background of computer knowledge is preferred or necessary?

2.Figure out what I’m going to bring to the interview to prove I’m the right candidate for the position.
A. documentation of current work; abilities, strengths and prior evaluations
B. company research and current press, be up to date on affairs of the company
C. decide on questions I want to ask and be prepared to answer any and all during the interview

3.Research ways for women to be successful in an executive role working in a predominant male work environment
A. be able to identify supportive male colleagues in the work place
B. find things to discuss in common both professionally and personally with male colleagues
C. network with other women in similar executive positions

1 comment:

  1. If I were doing the hiring--based on this preliminary work, you would already be sitting in the corner suite smoking a big cigar and ordering the underlings around.

    ReplyDelete