Thursday, October 21, 2010

week 8 Vignette

The weather was perfect; high nineties, low humidity, the Atlantic Ocean to my east and the Gulf of Mexico to my west, what more could I ask for! Glistening, golden bodies scattered over the beaches while middle aged tourists seek out lost treasures with their metal detectors. Countless palm trees pepper the outskirts of my peripheral vision; I squint to observe a daredevil parasailing in the gulf as the reggae band at the nearby tiki bar starts a new set. Drink in hand; time seemed to stand still and during this brief moment of lucidity while aqua blue waters gently lapped the sand at my feet I wondered; how is it they call Maine “vacation land”.

2 comments:

  1. Afraid of these, eh? Taking a sheltered position, hunkering down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where I've needed to be in my mind this week, forcing happy thoughts, this has been the week from hell, there and back and I think I'm heading back again today...maybe some of this pent up emotion will rip for the next assignment?

    ReplyDelete